Thứ Hai, 16 tháng 1, 2012

Odin: How to Flash/Install I9100XILA2 Android 2.3.6 Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II/2

The firmware update build I9100XILA2 is an upgrade to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy S II. This is the newest official firmware update by Samsung releases this year with a build or modified date of  January 13, 2012 . This firmware was officially rolled out in Italy. One thing new on this firmware is that it features a new lockscreen that looks like an Android Ice Cream Sandwich with touchwiz. There is an improvement in battery life usage, battery drains too slow which is a bit impressive. Some several features were added, more faster and much better than previous build I9100XXKL1.

Sneak peek of the new lockscreen.


Firmware details:
PDA: I9100XILA2
CSC: I9100XWKI1
PHONE: I9100OXIK1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-191000XILA@-CL889496
             root@DELLBUILDER01 #2
Version: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Build: January 13, 2012

credits to turborider for the screenshots

Some few other details of changes.
- Various bugs were fixed from previous version
- Android 4.0 styled Lockscreen Android 4.0 styled lockscreen lockscreen  with similarity from Galaxy Note
- Wi-Fi chip bug has been fixed

Flashing the Stock ROM I9100XILA2 with Odin Downloader tool. 
This method if you are having issues updating with KIES or if you wanted to install it if you came from other region outside Italy.

This guide uses the original stock I9100XILA2 with Italy default CSC file ITV.
Grab the stock ROM via Sammobile:
GT-I9100_I9100XILA2_I9100OXIKK1_ITV
Extract it after download, the password is: samfirmware.com

If you want to upgrade but came from other region , you can use the Frankenstein version which is by flashing desired CSC file that is built for your country. You can grab it here at Intratech's Frankenstein Firmware file. 

Before proceeding, do things as follows to avoid any future problem issues.
- Make a back-up copy of all important data stored from the device.
- Make sure that the battery is at-least 80%  charge.
- Use a good condition USB cable wire a PC with a working USB serial ports.


Disclaimer: Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not held any responsibility for any damage might cause to your smartphone.
1. Run Odin v1.85
2. Load the extracted file on the PDA field.
Click on the PDA button then select the I9100XILA2_I9100XWKI1_I9100OXIKK1_HOME.tar.md5
DO NOT check the 'RE-PARTITION" checkbox.
3. Then set the phone in Download Mode: Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button.
4. Once in Download mode, connect to PC,.
5. When Odin recognize it and the phone is properly connected,  hit the "START" button.
how to flash stock rom I9100XILA2 with Odin - start

6. Wait until the flashing completely finish.
how to flash stock rom I9100XILA2 with Odin - finish
That's it! if you experience bootloops after flashing. Do full factory reset or wipe data cache.
If you want to get root, look for chainfire's CF-ROOT kernel released at XDA.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét