Posted: 01 Jan 2012 11:07 AM PSTThe Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 recently leaks. This is gonna be a full blast if this will officially release this coming few days. Two Android Ice Cream Sandwich has now available online with build number I9100XXKP4 and I9100XXKP8. Both of the two firmware were build as dated of December 20, 2011 for all Europe version of Galaxy S2 . This is the beta release of the said Ice Cream Sandwich for SGS II, and the exact release date of the official build will be coming soon. So, just always keep an eye on Samsung Kies and via OTA notification updates.
Here's a sneak preview of the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich installed on Samsung Galaxy S II I9100.
Here's a few details of changes about the Samsung Galaxy S II Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich leaked ROM:
- All things are working but when you do 2 fast things he will say force close.
- The system is stable , but i could not get faceunlock to work, it always fails to set up.
- The only official thing is your Custom counter will not walk
- Message service not working
- Face security not working
- Not all simcard accepted or work.
The Odin flashable I9100XXKP4 and I9100XXKP8 Android 4 stock ROM is now available for grab courtesy of sammobile.com. Just remember that this is an alpha release by people that work at Samsung. This is not a official rom for KIES.
Stock ROM: I9100XXKP4
Version:Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich
Stock ROM: I9100XXKP8
Version: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Odin installing/flashing procedure: This is a manual installation procedure on how to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S II to Android Ice cream Sandwich using the above stock ROMs.
Disclaimer: "Droidangel shall NOT be held responsible if anything happens to your device by following this guide. Proceed at your own risk".
Grab the stock ROM above and this one:
Odin Downloader: Odin3 v1.83.exe,
Pit file: u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
- Ensure that battery is at-least 50% charge, much more recommended if its full charge
- Make a back up of all important files stored on the device, it will all deleted during this process.
1. Extract the downloaded stock ROM, on this guide we are using the I9100XXKP8
2. Run ODIN and load each specific binary files on the designated buttons.
3. Set the SGS II in Download Mode: Turn Off the phone or remove the battery for a while then inplace it back again then Press and Hold Volume down+Center+Power Button simultaneously
Then connect the phone to PC when the screen says" Downloading - Do Not Turn Off Target"
4. Let the whole process finishes, once it successfully installed. Let the phone reboots, do not unplug it yet.
5. Now, Set the device into download mode again, this time flash the Kernel binary file on the PDA button.
We need to flash the kernel files to avoid certain issues like bootloops and sudden auto reboots.
Again let it finish, once the phone reboots, its now safe to unplug the phone.
Do Wipe data/factory reset to get a fresh firmware installed. By typing *#1234# you can check your firmware info.