Thứ Bảy, 22 tháng 10, 2011

How to Install I9000XXJVT Firmware Update/Upgrade Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Here's the step by step procedure on how to manually install and flash the I9000XXVT firmware build on Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to upgrade it to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. This is a direct and brief method flashing procedure using ODIN multi-downloader tool on Galaxy S android devices.
You may check out the I9000XXVT firmware info here before you may begin updating your device

Note: This guide are for advance users only, who already have once experience in flashing ROMs with Odin. Beginners can relate too, for the guides below is added with detailed stuff to make it a lot easier to follow., but we did not encourage you to do so..  Just proceed with extra precautions.

ODIN Flashing procedure Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread I9000XXJVT on Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Prepare the following:
- Just make a back up of all your important data, contacts, messages, applications installed or stored on the phone.
- use a PC that runs on windows XP or later OS.  Close any programs such anti-virus etc.
- remove the SD card and SIM card to avoid issues.
- make sure that the phones battery is fully charge or at least around 40-50%.
-  A good working USB cable to PC

Download the Firmware files

I9000XXJVT 
PIT: s1_odin_20100512.pit
PDA: CODE_I9000XXJVT_CL617736_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
PHONE: MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5
CSC: GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5 
Version: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
Build: September 29, 2011

Multiupload  via SamMobile.com link. password samfirmware.com

ODIN Downloader Tool v1.7 Download this version.

1) Extract the downloaded I9000XXJVT firmware file.
2) Run Odin on your desktop.

3) On ODIN window click the PIT button then load the 1_odin_20100512.pit file.
    On the checkboxes option, check the RE_ PARTITION, AUTO-REBOOT and F.RESET TIME .

4) Now load the necessary binary files PDA, PHONE and CSC.
    Click the PDA button then select and load:
    CODE_I9000XXJVT_CL617736_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5

    Click the PHONE button then select and load:
    MODEM_I9000XXJVT_REV_00_CL1064602.tar.md5

   and then the CSC button then select and load:
   I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVT.tar.md5

It should be shown like this image below, once all the binary files are already loaded.

Install I9000XXJVT Firmware on ODin 1
5) Next prepare the Galaxy S into the download mode. To reboot into download mode, Turn it Off or remove the battery for a seconds then put it back and then just press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time.You will see like the picture below with an Android robot digging within a  triangle.

Samsung galaxy S download mode buttons
 Once the phone is already displays the downloading mode - Connect your Galaxy S with your computer, the ID:COM box will turn to a yellow colour and a message "added" in the box is an indication that the phone is connected to the PC properly. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.

6) Once all set and ready, Hit the "START" button to begin installing the I9000XXJVT firmware.
Note: this is the risky part DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE the device that might interrupt the flashing process.

Install I9000XXJVT Firmware on ODin Flashing

7) Just wait until the whole flashing process finishes, it takes around 5 to 6 minutes it only depends on your computer speeds. The phone will jut then automatically reboots once completed. On Odin window the word "PASS" will show if it already successfully completes.

Install I9000XXJVT Firmware on ODin Flashing completes
8) Once all done, its now time to unplug the Galaxy S connection from the computer. Do Wipe data or factory reset by holding down the VOLUME UP, Home and POWER button, then select
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache partition
Reboot system now

Full Reset Code
*2767*3855#You may then confirm the Downloaded Firmware Version
Go to Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version
or by typing *#1234#
You may then see the firmware info that says baseband is  I9000XXJVT, 2.3.5 firmware version and 2.6.35.7-I9000XXJVT-CL617736 se.infra@SE-22#2 kernel version.
I9000XXJVT Android 2.3.5 Samsung Galaxy S fimware info
So that's it you are now upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread with firmware build I9000XXJVT.

1 nhận xét:

  1. thank you so much, everything works great I have 2.3.5 on my galaxy S now.

    Trả lờiXóa