Here's the procedure on how to root the Samsung Galaxy TAB using Chainfire CF_ROOT Kernel JQ1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab that already upgraded or runs on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware update:
Disclaimer: Please follow this instruction at your own risk. Droidangel will not be responsible if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
This kernel is meant only for the GSM version of the Galaxy Tab and if you wanted to try it out on another variant shall do so without any support from the developer.
Needed files in this Process:
* Galaxy Tab that runs stock Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware.
* ODIN 1.7 (use this version to avoid any issues) Download and have it installed on the PC.
* Samsung USB drivers installed. Download USB drivers for 32 bit Windows | For 64 bit Windows.
* Chainfire CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.zip.
1. Download the CF-Root file from the link above and extract it CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.tar.
2. Run ODIN EXE. downloader program.
3. On the PDA button in ODIN, select and place the file named CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.tar.
5. Make sure to: DO NOT CHECK the Repartition checkbox.
6. If everything is all ready... flash the phone, by simply hitting the Start button in ODIN.
7. Wait until the whole process successfully completes.
Once completed the device will then reboot.
That's It! Now your Samsung Galaxy Tab is already rooted...
For more information and updates visit this Chainfire's thread at XDA-Developers forum.